Communicate with your Students Using Canvas Announcements
You might have a need to cancel your live class and use alternative means to provide information to your students and allow them the opportunity to ask questions. One of the easiest ways to do this is using Canvas Announcements. The following video will walk you through the steps below.
- Log into Canvas at https://usu.instructure.com with your A number and strong password.
- Click on the title of your class.
- Click on Announcements on the course navigation on the left-hand side of the course. (If you haven’t added any announcements there will be a picture of an eye with a line through it to show that it is not visible to students. After you add an announcement, that link will become visible to students and the eye icon will disappear.)
- Click on + Announcement to add a new announcement.
- Click Save when you have made all appropriate selections.