Zoom - Get Started
Zoom is a web conferencing platform that enables remote teaching and virtual meetings from desktop and classroom computers. All faculty and students at USU may set up a Zoom account at https://zoom.usu.edu.
Enable your Zoom account at usu-edu.zoom.us
Activating a Zoom account through usu-edu.zoom.us requires that you have an @usu.edu or @aggiemail.usu.edu email address and are an active employee or student at USU.
- Be sure to sign out of any other Zoom accounts.
- Go to https://zoom.usu.edu
(redirects to usu-edu.zoom.us, the company domain for USU)
- Click the Sign In button.
- Enter your A number and password.
- You will be sent an email verifying your password. Respond to the email to finish activating your account.
- You may now login to Zoom to schedule and manage meetings. You may also activate Zoom in Canvas.
Use Zoom for all of Your Virtual Meeting Needs
Start getting comfortable with Zoom today by using it for meetings with your colleagues, students, and even friends and family. Practice features like screen sharing, whiteboards, polling, chat, and breakout rooms.
- Install the Zoom Desktop Client to make joining meetings faster and easier. Also, check out the mobile app!
- Set up your Personal Meeting ID to make impromptu meetings easier.
- Use Zoom with Outlook to easily add a Zoom room to scheduled meetings and join scheduled Zoom meetings from the Zoom app.
Zoom meetings will allow you to host up to 300 participants. If you need to broadcast to a larger audience, consider Zoom Webinar.
Get More Help
Beyond web tutorials and practice, you have additional supports as you learn Zoom: