Share MyMedia Video Permissions with Another User
To share editing, publishing, or viewing rights on a video within your MyMedia to a different user (likely with another instructor), do the following:
- Access MyMedia by clicking on the user icon in Canvas, then clicking on My Media from the menu.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the name of the video you want to assign (re-assign) to someone else.
- Click on the Collaboration tab.
- Click on the Add Collaborator button.
- Do a search for the A number or name of the person to whom you want to allow permissions to the video. When the name appears below the search bar, click on the person's name. Then, click on the permission options you want the user to have, then click on the Add button.
If the user does not show up with an A number or name search, they will need to go to http://mymedia.usu.edu then click on the Guest link then login with A number and strong password. You will be able to add the person as a collaborator the following day.
- The video will appear on the other user's list and they will be able to edit, publish, or view the video based on the permissions selected. If you want to reassign the video to another user, see Assign MyMedia Video to Another User.