Organizing Content with Tags
Moving from Panapto to Kaltura you might be frustrated that there are no folders. Kaltura uses tags instead of folders. Tags are beneficial because with folders you can only put a video in one folder but with tags you can group them into many categories.
Tags group videos by the same “tag”. You may give your video one tag or multiple tags. When you want to find a video you simply search the tag and all your videos that have that tag will be displayed.
Getting Started with Tags
- Decide how you want to group your videos, for example by course (e.g. MATH 1010), topic (e.g. College Algebra), or by year (e.g. 2018) or both. Tags are always lower case, so you would use "math 1010" or "college algebra" as the tag.
- As you add a video you will be able to add tags to the details section of the video. If you would like to go back and add tags to videos you have already uploaded:
- Go to My Media in the left navigation.
- Find the video you want to edit.
- Click the small pencil icon in the top left of the video row.
- Under the video preview click on the details tab.
- To add tags, type the tag in lower case letters and a drop-down will appear with suggestions. If this is the first time you are using this tag, the text "(new tag)" will appear after it. If it has been used before click on the suggested tag in the drop-down. Note: If you are using desktop capture it will look like this, and you will need to push enter after each tag.
Searching TagsGo to the Search Bar in MyMedia or Media Gallery and type in the tag to search for that tag.
Tags have been added for videos that were created in Panopto see Find a Lecture Recorded in Panopto for more information.