Media Gallery Analytics
Adding media to a course Media Gallery makes it possible for you to get aggregate analytical data on the media included in the gallery.
To see playback details for course videos:
- Click on the Media Gallery link in your Canvas course.
- Click on
- Channel Actions icon in the top, right-hand corner.
- Choose Analytics from the menu.
- At this point you can view, export, filter the results. Here is a sample data page.
- Highlights - Displays a snapshot of the important metrics for the selected timeframe.
- Top videos - Displays the top 3 engaging videos for the selected timeframe. The top engaging videos are selected based on a unique algorithm that take into consideration the number of plays, unique viewers, and view period of the video.
- Insights - Displays interesting data points about engagement in your account.
- Number of Player Impressions - Number of times the video was loaded on the webpage or in the course
- Number of plays - Number of times users clicked play to watch a video
- Number of unique viewers - number of authenticated viewers, all anonymous viewers will be counted as a single viewer
- Number of minutes viewed - Total duration of video watched by viewers
- Average drop off rate - measured by viewer reaching playback quartiles
- 25 per cent play-through – The number of plays that reached 25% of the video
- 50 per cent play-through – The number of plays that reached 50% of the video
- 75 per cent play-through – The number of plays that reached 75% of the video
- 100 per cent play-through – The number of plays that reached 100% of the video
- (Not included in the bar chart below) Play-through Ratio – The percentage of completed plays. The number of 100% play-throughs divided by the total number of plays.
More details about the dashboard can be found on Kaltura's Knowledge Center page, User Analytics.