Edit a Video in MyMedia
- In Canvas, in the global Navigation menu on the left, click Account, then click My Media.
- In the top right corner of the video section click on the pencil icon to edit.
- Then click on Launch Editor to the right of the video
- Trim front of video by playing it to the location where you want it to begin and then click on the [ above the timeline marker.
Trim end of video by clicking on location where you want the video to end and clicking on the ] above the timeline marker.
- If you want to cut something out of the middle you can use the splitting tool. Go to the where you want to start and click the scissor icon.
Then go to where you want to end and click the scissor icon again.
Then click on the portion you want to delete press delete on your keyboard.
- To retain the original full-length video, be sure to click on Save a Copy. Give the edited vide a new name and click the Create button.
- You will get a message that the copy has been successfully saved. Click OK.
- At this point, it is safe to exit the editor by clicking on the arrow button in the bottom left-hand corner of the editor.
- You will be promted if you are sure you want to exit. Click I'm sure.
Note: If you click on the Save button at the top of the page, any edits will be saved to the original video.