Enable the Media Gallery in a Course
You can enable a media gallery in your course and publish specific videos from My Media to it. Videos published to the media gallery are visible to students. Having media published to the Media Gallery makes it easier for students to find all the course videos in one place. It also makes it possible to get aggregate analytics for the videos in the Media Gallery. As an added bonus, it will make captioning easier for the Disability Resource Center, if necessary. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org with course details to request video captioning.)
To enable the Media Gallery in a course, follow these steps
- Login to the Canvas course.
- On the Course Navigation menu, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, click Navigation.
- Drag "Media Gallery" from the list of disabled items on the bottom to the list of enabled items at the top.
- (Optional) You can also rearrange the order in which the navigation items appear.
- Click Save.
Click here for instructions on publishing videos to the media gallery.