Download a Video
You can download a recording from the Media Gallery in a Canvas course. The first step is to make sure that the video has been enabled for downloading.
Enable a Video for Downloading
- Go to Canvas and click on your user profile image in the top-left corner. Then, click on the MyMedia link.
- Click on the title of the video, then under the Actions menu, click on Edit.
- Click on the Downloads tab, then check the box next to the size of the video you would like to download. Click Save and the video will have the option of being downloaded. (If you do not see the Downloads tab, you may be on a video that you do not own, as is the case if you have added a YouTube video to your My Media repository.)
Download the Video from My Media
- After Saving from step 3 above, click on the text link "Go To Media."
- You will see the media details. Click on Download.
- You will see a table with size options. Click on the download icon in the "Actions" column for the desired video size.
Download a Video from the Media Gallery Page
- In the Canvas course, open the Media Gallery.
- Click the title or the thumbnail of the video.
- On the video’s "Details" page, click the Download tab.
- In the "Actions" column, click Download.