The teaching environment may vary, but great teaching in the USU tradition does not.
Learn what you need to know to be READY.
Procedures and Definitions
Check if you are ready for your teaching format.
Students and faculty all meet at the same time via Zoom.
Students access all content on their own time online.
A mix of students attend in person and via Zoom.
Traditional F2F or IVC
All students attend in person at their campus.
Sign up for the USU Ready Newsletter Here
- Keep lecturing and facilitating
- Make weekly announcements
- Be available to help
- Use a standard template in Canvas
- Clearly communicate expectations
- Stay well ahead of student deadlines
- Provide timely feedback
- Provide accommodations for illness
- Respond to students' unique challenges
* In a Spring 2020 USU student survey, respondents repeatedly highlighted these remote teaching behaviors as critical to their success.
Attend a WORKSHOP.