How to join a WebEx session in Canvas
System PrerequisitesThe computer that you use to participate in a WebEx session requires the following components:
- Speakers or headphones
- Web camera
You need a computer with a web camera if you want to broadcast face-to-face with other participants. Your computer also needs a working soundcard so you can hear other participants. Finally, if you intend to communicate over the computer (without using a telephone), your computer needs to have a microphone. Most laptops have built-in web cameras and microphones. If you are using a desktop computer, you may have to purchase these items.
To join WebEx session
- In your Canvas course, on the course navigation menu, click WebEx.
WebEx displays your sechduled meetings. Available sessions are shown with an orange Join button. If the Join button is dimmed, the meeting has not started or the instructor has not joined yet.
- Set the time zone to your location.
- Click Join.
WebEx opens the meeting room. If your webcam is working, the Meeting Center displays the image under the Participants list.
- Click Start My Video. This broadcasts the webcam image from your computer to all other participants. They will be able to see what your webcam captures.
- Click Connect to Audio.
- In the Audio Connection box, click Call Using Computer.
- Click Chage Settings to select the audio device, test it, and set the volume.
- Click Ok.