Canvas is a learning management system. In other words, it is a platform for hosting course content, delivering online quizzes, accepting online assignment submissions, disseminating grades and feedback, and more. All USU students, faculty, and staff have access to Canvas and can login to Canvas at canvas.usu.edu. Instructors and TAs needing help with Canvas can call CIDI at (435) 797-9506. Students may get help by calling the IT Service Desk at 435-797-HELP (4357).
For a list of workshops see http://cidi.usu.edu/Workshops.
Schedule an appointment to meet with a CIDI team member about using Canvas for your course.Schedule an Appointment
- Quizzes (and Exams)
- Five keys to Grading in Canvas
- Using the Gradebook
- Grading using Assignment Groups
- Using Group Assignments
- Using Peer Review of assignments
- How to Grade Attendance
- How to Publish grades to Banner
- Record grades in Canvas
- How do I add a rubric to an assignment?
- How do I create a rubric in a course?
- What is SpeedGrader?
- How do I use SpeedGrader?
- How do I get to SpeedGrader from the Gradebook?
- How do I get to SpeedGrader from an assignment, quiz, or graded discussion?
- How do I track my grading progress and the average grade in SpeedGrader?
- How do I find a student submission in SpeedGrader?
- How do I use a rubric to grade submissions in SpeedGrader?
- Giving feedback using annotations in the SpeedGrader? Be sure to share with students instructions for viewing the feedback.
- What are outcomes?
- How do I create an outcome for a course?
- How do I create outcome groups?
- How do I find an existing outcome to add to a course?
- How do I align an outcome to a rubric in a course?
- How do I use the Learning Mastery Gradebook to view Outcome Results in a course?
- How do I view outcomes or student results individually in the Learning Mastery Gradebook?
- How do I view the outcomes results report for an individual student in a course?