Instructional Design Internship
What will I do as an Intern at CIDI?
The Center for Innovative Design & Instruction (CIDI) hires 1-3 instructional design interns each semester to assist with online course development and instructional development for other course delivery formats. The interns work under the mentorship of full-time instructional designers and work directly with faculty to help them prepare instructional materials for online delivery, learn the systems they will be using, and ensure that courses meet USU’s quality standards. Duties may include Canvas course development, multimedia development, web development, graphic design, and more.
Who should apply as an Intern at CIDI?
- A matriculated student in the ITLS graduate program.
- Familiarity with learning theory and instructional design models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical communication skills.
- Some HTML and CSS coding ability is a plus.
- Basic multimedia and graphic design skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn and simultaneously troubleshoot software and web applications, even while on the phone with faculty.
- Ability to work on both Windows and Mac platforms.
- Strong familiarity with various web browsers.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- An intrinsic motivation to help others.
- A willingness to take ownership of tasks from start to finish, whether they be creative, engaging, perplexing, tedious, or ambiguous.
- An ability to work dependable hours during an allotted time frame.
- A commitment to comply with security and privacy standards when working with sensitive data.
What else should I know about being an Intern at CIDI?Work Schedule: Flexible, 150 hour experience
Hours per Week: Approximately 10
Semesters available: Spring, Summer, Fall