Submit a Turnitin assignment
You can submit Turnitin assignments directly in Canvas. Turnitin measures the originality of the assignment's contents and indicates what percent of your assignment matches internet sources.
You can submit your assignment as a text entry or upload any supported file type: Text (.txt), Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx), Microsoft Power Point (.ppt/.pptx), Postscript (.ps), Portable Document Format (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), HyperText Markup Language (.html), WordPerfect (.wp), Hangul (.hwp), or Open Office (.odt/.ods/.odp). You can also upload an assignment from Google Drive or Dropbox.
After submitting your assignment, your instructor may allow you to view your Turnitin results. Your results may be available shortly after submitting the assignment or not until the assignment due date. It depends on how your instructor set up the assignment.
To submit a Turnitin assignment, follow these steps:
- On the course navigation menu, click Assignments.
- In the Assignments list, click the assignment.
- Accept the Turnitin user agreement. (You will only have to do this the first time that you submit an assignment using Turnitin.)
- On the Assignment page, click the Upload button.
- In the Submit File dialog box, in the Submission Title box, type your name and the name of the assignment.
- Click Select a file to upload.
- Click Accept Submission-Save.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. The text in this topic is adapted from the Canvas Student Guide created by the Canvas Doc Team at Instructure. Some text has been modified and procedural steps and new screenshots have been added.