Create a REEF Association link in Canvas
You must create a REEF association link in a Canvas assignment if you want to results (scores) of a REEF poll to be recorded in the Canvas gradebook. You can manually enter REEF poll scores into the Canvas gradebook or import a .cvs file from REEF, but creating an association link and syncing the grades is less time consuming.
Creating a REEF association link in Canvas consists of two procedures:
- Copy the course-association link from the REEF course dashboard
- Add the link to the Canvas assignment
Copy the course-association link from the REEF course dashboard
- On the courses menu, click the Reef course that you want to sync with your Canvas course
- On the course dashboard, click Edit. (You can also click the Gear icon in the sidebar.)
- On the Settings page, click LMS Sync.
- Copy Copy Link, and then click OK.
IMPORTANT: This link is unique for each REEF course. You need to follow these directons for each course you are teaching and paste the specific link into your corresponding LMS course.
Add the course-association link to the Canvas assignment
- In the Canvas course navigation menu, click Assigments.
- On the Assignment page, click the Assignment button to create a new assignment.
- Complete the Assignment Name and Description fields.
- In the Points field, enter the total number of points for for all Reef polling sessions.
- In the Submission field, select External Tool.
- Click in the External Tool URL field to open the Configure External Tool dialog.
- In the Configure External Tool dialog, scroll to the URL field and paste the URL that you previously copied from Reef Polling.
- Click Select.
- On the Assignment page, click Save & Publish.