Record a lecture in Panopto
Panopto is the lecture capture solution that is currently used in some of the classrooms at Utah State University. In classrooms with a Panopto recorder, you can capture your lecture in the classroom and upload it to your Canvas course. You can record a PowerPoint, your screen, or yourself and have an archived session stored in Canvas for your students to review later.
Before you can record a lecture, you must add the Panopto link to the navigation menu in your Canvas course. For instructions, see Add Panopto to Canvas.
To record a lecture
- Log on to your Canvas course.
- On the course navigation menu, click Panopto.
- On the Panopto page, click Create > Record a new Session. If prompted, click Launch Recorder.
- Click the Session Folder icon to open the session list.
- In the Session list, select the course, and then click Add New Session.
- Select the Primary and Secondary capture sources.
- Click Record.
- Click Stop when you are finished recording.