Add a link to a Website
You can add links to external websites on your Canvas pages. Web links are an easy way to provide students with additional resources on the subject. For example, you may want to create a page of links to websites with supplemental material or videos.
The simplest way to add a web link is to copy the URL from the web page and paste it into the Canvas page. This method inserts the link and uses the web page’s URL as the link text.
A more advanced method is to type the link text in the Canvas page, highlight the text, and then use the Link to URL button to add the URL. This method gives you more control over the link text.
Copy and Paste a web link
To add a web link to a page by the Copy and Paste method
- In the Course Navigation menu, click Pages.
- In the Page Title list, double-click the page to open it.
- Click Edit.
- In your web browser, navigate to the URL to be linked.
- In the browser address bar, right-click the URL, and then click Copy.
- On the Canvas page, paste the link in the desired location.
- Press Enter.
- Click Save.
Link to URL icon Method
To add a web link using the Link to URL feature
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add the link.
- Click Edit Page.
- In the Rich Content editor, type the text for the link and then highlight the text.
- On the toolbar, click Link to URL.
- In the Link to Website URL box, type or paste the URL.
- Click Insert Link.
- Click Save.