Add Files to Canvas
You can add files to your Files directory in Canvas. If you have already created modules for your course, you can add files directly to the modules.
Add files to the Files directory
The easiest way to add files to your Canvas course is by uploading them from your computer or storage device. You can organize your files by creating folders first, and then uploading your files directly into the folder. If you have uploaded files before creating folders, you can still create folders and move your files into the appropriate folders.
To add files to your Canvas course
- On the Course Navigation menu, click Files.
- On the Files page, click Add Files.
- (Optional) Navigate to the folder to which you want to add the file. If you do not specify a folder, Canvas adds the file in the main Files directory.
- Select the file, and then click Open. In some browsers, you can drag and drop the files from your computer to Canvas.
Add Files to your modules
If you have created modules for your course, you can add files from the module page.
To add files to a module
- On the Course Navigation menu, click Modules.
- On the Modules page, select the module, and then click Add Items.
- On the Add Item page, in the Add Box, click File.
- Click New File, and then click Choose File.
- Select the file to upload, and then click Open.
- On the Add item page, select the folder to store the file. If you have not created folders in Canvas, the Course folder is the only option.
- (Optional) Select a level of indentation.
- Click Add Item.