Share Your Microphone (Audio in Meetings)
Enable microphone for participants using computers
By default, only hosts and presenters can broadcast audio using their microphones. However, hosts can enable participants to broadcast by doing any of the following:
- To enable audio for all participants, choose Audio > Microphone Rights For Participants.
- The microphone icon displays for all participants in the Attendees pod.
- To enable audio for specific participants, select one or more in the Attendees pod. Then choose Enable Audio from the pop-up menu.
The microphone icon displays next to the participant in the Attendees pod.
Using the same pop-up menu, hosts can later disable audio for specific attendees, reducing background noise.
Allow only one speaker to use the microphone at a time
Hosts can avoid overlapping conversations by doing the following:
- Choose Audio > Enable Single Speaker Mode.
An asterisk appears next to the microphone button in the main menu bar. When one speaker clicks the button, it turns green , and it’s disabled for other users until the current speaker clicks the button again.
Adjust or mute audio volume
Each attendee can customize audio volume on their system.
- In the main menu bar, select any of the following from the speaker menu :
Mute My Speakers Entirely disables or enables audio. (Click the speaker icon to quickly toggle this option.)
Mute Conference Audio Only Retains any audio playing in the Share pod.
Adjust Speaker Volume Displays a slider attendees drag to customize volume.
Quickly optimize settings with the Audio Setup Wizard
- Select Meeting > Audio Setup Wizard.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to optimize audio quality. If a dialog box appears requesting access to your camera and microphone, click Allow.