Share a Whiteboard
A whiteboard allows hosts or presenters to create text, lines, circles, squares, and other freehand drawings in real time during a meeting.
You can use a whiteboard in two different ways in a Share pod:
- A stand-alone whiteboard allows presenters to create content on a white background.
- An overlay whiteboard allows presenters to create content over an existing document in a Share pod, adding annotations to and drawing on the document. You can lay a whiteboard over presentations, JPG, SWF, FLV, and PDF documents.
If you turn off sharing, change the content in a Share pod, or close the Share pod, the whiteboard is still part of the meeting room and can be displayed again.
A. Show/Hide whiteboard overlay
C. Whiteboard tools
D. Whiteboard tool options
E. Annotation added using the Pencil tool
Create a stand-alone whiteboard in a blank Share pod
- In the Share pod, choose Share My Screen > Share Whiteboard.
Add an overlay whiteboard in a Share pod
- With the document displayed in a Share pod, do one of the following:
- In the menu area of the Share pod, click Draw.
- If you are sharing an application in Windows, in the upper-right corner of the application window, click the arrow next to the Stop Sharing button, and select Pause and Annotate.
- If you are sharing your entire desktop, click the Connect Add-in icon in the system tray (Windows) or icon bar (Macintosh) and select Pause and Annotate.
Navigate between multiple whiteboard pages
A stand-alone whiteboard contains multiple pages that you can move between during a presentation.
- In the lower-left corner of the Share pod, click the left or right arrow.
Whiteboard drawing tools
In the upper-left corner of the Share pod, the tools below are available to create text and drawings on the whiteboard.
Selection tool Selects a shape or area of the whiteboard. Click a shape to select it. Drag on the whiteboard or content to create a selection rectangle that selects all the shapes within the rectangle. The selection rectangle has eight control points for resizing the selected shape or shapes. Shift-drag a corner control point to maintain the aspect ratio when you resize. Select and drag a shape to move it. To add a shape to the selection, Shift-click the shape.
Pencil tool Creates a free-form line. You can customize stroke color and stroke weight by using the color picker and stroke weight pop-up menu at the lower part of the Whiteboard pod.
Highlighter tool (click Pencil to access) Creates a free-form thick marker line. You can customize stroke color and stroke weight by using the color picker and stroke weight pop-up menu at the lower part of the Whiteboard pod.
Delete Selected Deletes items selected with the Selection tool.
Text tool Creates a floating multiline text field. You can customize fill color, font face, and font size by using the color picker, font pop-up menu, and font size pop-up menu. Drag to create a text area where you can type.
Shapes tool Click and hold to choose from rectangles, ellipses, lines, arrows, and more. Use the options to the right of the tool to customize appearance. Drag to expand the shape. Hold down the Shift key while dragging to create even width and height for shapes, or snap lines every 45 degrees.
Undo Undoes the previous action. You can undo the following actions: drawing a shape, moving a shape, resizing a shape, clearing the whiteboard, and changing a shape’s property. There is no limit to the number of times that you can perform this operation in the pod.
Redo Repeats the previous action.
Print the contents of a whiteboard
- In the upper-right corner of the Share pod, click the menu icon, and select Print.