Create an Office Hours meeting room
Just as with traditional office hours, you can meet with your students outside of your regular Course meeting. You can map your Office Hours meeting room to your other courses and all students will have access to it.
To create an Office Hours meeting room
- Log on to your Canvas course.
- In the Course Navigation menu, click Adobe Connect.
If this is the first time that you have used Adobe Connect within Canvas, you may be prompted to authorize eSync Training to access your account. eSync Training is the LTI tool that Canvas uses to integrate with Adobe Connect.
- Click Authorize.
- On the Adobe Connect page, in the Office Hours section, click Add Meeting.
- In the Name box, type a name for your meeting room.
- In the Select Template bax, click Default Meeting Template.
- (Optional) Click the Optional arrow, and enter any optional settings that you want to use. For more information, see the Office Hours Options table.
- Click Save.
The Office Hours Options table describes the options for an Office Hours Meeting.
|Custom URL||Creates a user-friendly url for your Office Hours meeting room that guests can use to access to meeting. Students and designated instructors will still access the meeting room through Canvas.|
|Summary||Adds any information you want to convey to those who are going to participate in your meetng.|
|Meeting Time||Includes the meeting time in the invitation announcement.|
|Allow Guest||Allows guests to join the meeting.|