Create a Course meeting room in Canvas
If you are teaching a course in Canvas, you can use Adobe Connect to create a Course meeting room.
To create a course meeting room
- Log on to your Canvas course.
- In the Course Navigation menu, click Adobe Connect.
If this is the first time that you have used Adobe Connect within Canvas, you may be prompted to authorize eSync Training to access your account. eSync Training is the LTI tool that Canvas uses to integrate with Adobe Connect.
- Click Authorize.
- On the Adobe Connect page, in the Course Meetings section, click Add Meeting.
- In the Name box, type a name for your meeting room.
- In the Select Template bax, click Default Meeting Template.
- (Optional) Click the Optional arrow, and enter any optional settings that you want to use. For more information, see the Course Meeting Options table.
- Click Save.
The Course Meeting Options table describes the options for a Course Meeting.
Option Description Custom URL Creates a user-friendly url for your course meeting room that guests can use to access to meeting. Students and designated instructors will still access the meeting room through Canvas. Summary Adds any information you want to convey to those who are going to participate in your meetng. Start Time Includes the start time in the invitation announcement. Duration Includes the meeting duration in the invitation announcement. Access Changes who can enter your meeting room with guest access.