Create a Student meeting room
Both the instructor and students in the course can create Student meeting rooms. These are useful for student projects, study groups, or group work.
To create a Student meeting room
- Log on to your Canvas course.
- In the Course Navigation menu, click Adobe Connect.
If this is the first time that you have used Adobe Connect within Canvas, you may be prompted to authorize eSync Training to access your account. eSync Training is the LTI tool that Canvas uses to integrate with Adobe Connect.
- Click Authorize.
- On the Adobe Connect page, in the Student Meetings section, click Add Meeting.
- In the Name box, type a name for your meeting room.
- In the Select Template bax, click Default Meeting Template.
- (Optional) Click the Optional arrow, and enter any optional settings that you want to use. For more information, see the Students Meeting Options table.
- Click Next.
- In the Canvas Available Users list, click Sync Users to add all available users as participants. To add users one at a time, click the user's name and then click Add.
- Change each student's role, if necessary.
- Click Finish.
The Students Meeting Options table describes the options for a Students Meeting.
Option Description Custom URL Creates a user-friendly url for your meeting room that guests can use to access to meeting. Students and designated instructors will still access the meeting room through Canvas. Summary Adds any information you want to convey to those who are going to participate in your meetng. Allow Guest Allows guests to join the meeting.